Easy, easy, easy! That’s how I would describe these flourless, peanut butter cookies with only 3 (count ’em – 3) ingredients! I have to admit, I was a skeptic… until I tried them! They were wonderful… (how did I not know this all these years????) I saw this recipe pop up on my Pinterest feed, and thought there was no way these could be truly tasty, but I was wrong. The recipe makes between 15 and 18 cookies, and took only 20 minutes from start to finish! Not bad for a kitchen experiment!
I’ve posted some photos of the whole process, but trust me… it all boils down to this: mix the ingredients, place by spoonfuls onto baking sheet, flatten with sugar-dipped fork, bake, and EAT!
Here you go… some quick pics of the “process”… so easy! Here are the three ingredients ready to mix: peanut butter, egg, and sugar.
Dough is mixed up… ready to drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
Scored criss-cross with a sugar-dipped fork, and ready to put into the oven…
Done! Ready to eat!
See? Even the bottoms of the cookies look good.
That’s it! Ridiculously EASY. Seriously GOOD. Hope you’ll give these a try… think you’ll be as surprised as I was! Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Zero flour…. whaaaaat????
Original Recipe source: http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2010/10/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies/
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy- I used crunchy)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (reserve 1 teaspoon)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar and egg together in a large bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheet. Slightly round out the dough with fingers once on baking sheet.
- Lightly moisten a fork with water. Dip it into a tiny bit of sugar, and press the tines of the fork crosswise (two different directions) into top of each dough ball to flatten.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for about 14 minutes. Do not let cookies overbake or get too brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.