I recently found this very easy recipe for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread on Pinterest… and my husband and I loved it!I really enjoy growing my own vegetables in raised beds in our backyard. This past summer, my zucchini plants decided to become “over-achievers”. I had zucchini coming out of my ears (nice problem, huh?). This garden abundance (even after giving plenty to my family and neighbors), forced me to search for new creative ways to prepare it.
I found this very easy recipe for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread on Pinterest… and my husband and I loved it! Deep, rich and chocolaty, you’d never know it has zucchini in it (perfect for hiding veggies), for those little ones with picky palates!
I hope you will give it a try… it’s really delicious!
Recipe Source: http://www.whatmegansmaking.com/2013/07/double-chocolate-zucchini-bread.html
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini (gently pressed between paper towels to remove some moisture)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease an 8½" x 4½" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and flour.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, and stir well until combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes (oven temps vary), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove pan from oven; transfer pan to a wire rack. Let cool for approx. 10-15 minutes before turning the bread out of the pan onto the rack. Cool bread completely before slicing. Enjoy!