Make gingerbread granola from scratch in 30 minutes! With cinnamon, ginger, cloves and molasses, you’ll love this as cereal, or a yogurt /ice cream topping!
I recently whipped up a batch of Gingerbread Granola ( in about 30 minutes!), and have really enjoyed having it around our house for a quick breakfast cereal or snack.
The original recipe came from Pinterest, and I made the granola for the first time a few days after finding it. The recipe was very quick and easy to make, and took only about 30 minutes, from start to finish!
How To Make Gingerbread Granola
It is very easy to make this delicious gingerbread granola, which features rolled oats, coconut, chopped nuts, dried cranberries (or raisins), cinnamon, molasses, ginger and cloves. There are a lot of traditional gingerbread spices in this simple granola!
In a large mixing bowl, whisk molasses, oil, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger together until mixture is fully blended.
Add the old-fashioned rolled oats, coconut, and chopped pecans (or walnuts) to the molasses mixture. Stir until the ingredients for this gingerbread granola are fully coated.
Evenly divide the mixture. Pour it onto two large rimmed baking sheets. The reason to put it on TWO baking sheets is because spreading the mixture onto TWO sheets, enables the granola to cook quicker.
Bake The Gingerbread Granola
Spread the granola mixture out very well on both sheets. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Stir the oats occasionally during the baking time, then re-spread the oats back out on the sheets, and continue baking.
The gingerbread granola is done when the oats have turned light brown. Mine took 25 minutes to bake to this stage. Your batch may take a couple minutes shorter or longer, because oven temps. vary. I recommend checking it at 20 minutes!
Stir Cranberries Into Gingerbread Granola
Once done, remove the gingerbread granola from oven, and stir in the dried cranberries (or raisins). Be sure to let the granola cool completely to room temperature. Once the gingerbread granola has cooled completely, place it into an airtight container for storage.
How To Store The Granola
Store the granola in canning jars or other airtight containers. This recipe makes enough to fill a quart sized jar and a pint sized jar. A serving size is about 1/2 cup, so you will have approximately 11 servings total.
Gingerbread Granola would be a thoughtful gift to give to give a friend or family member, especially during the holidays. You could put a nice label and a decorative ribbon on the jar to make it look nice and festive!
This gingerbread flavored granola would also taste wonderful over ice cream or frozen yogurt, or mixed into a morning parfait with fruit and Greek yogurt!
It is very convenient to have this gingerbread granola around the house to enjoy as a delicious breakfast cereal with milk for breakfast. YUM.
Hope you will consider trying this recipe. There are many possibilities for using this simple yet tasty granola! Have a blessed day!
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Adapted From: http://kitchensimplicity.com/gingerbread-granola
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil (or mild tasting oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned, not instant)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans (or walnuts), chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add first 6 ingredients (molasses, oil, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves). Whisk these together until fully blended.
- Add rolled oats, coconut flakes and chopped nuts to molasses mixture; stir until oats, etc. are coated.
- Divide and spread mixture out evenly onto 2 large baking sheets (with rims). Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Stir oats occasionally (every 7-8 minutes), then redistribute them on baking sheets, and bake until the oats become light brown in color.
- Remove oats from oven and stir in dried cranberries (or raisins). Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheets before transferring to an airtight container, or serving. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to post on your Pinterest boards!