Mom’s Famous Cream Cheese Ball is a delicious, easy appetizer, w/ red and green peppers, green onions and chopped pecans! So good, served on assorted crackers!
I love holidays, and all the happy memories associated with them. A lot of my holiday memories revolve around simple, delicious meals with family and friends.
Mom’s Famous Cream Cheese Ball is an appetizer I’ve prepared for many years (35+), and is always a big hit. My Mom got this recipe from a friend at church over 30 years ago. Mom has now passed the recipe down (and the “serving it at the holidays” tradition) to me and my sisters.
This recipe for Mom’s Famous Cream Cheese Ball is so easy to prepare! With only a few ingredients like green and red bell peppers, green onions and pecans, it’s also easy on the wallet. It’s large enough to split into two cheese balls, if you want.
Scroll Down For A Printable Recipe Card At The Bottom Of The Page
How To Make Mom’s Famous Cream Cheese Ball
One of the best things about Mom’s Famous Cream Cheese Ball is that it can be made the day before it is served. I think the “good-flavor elves” work the flavors into the cheese ball even better that way. Place all the ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Mix these ingredients together with a fork until fully combined.
How To Shape Mom’s Famous Cream Cheese Ball
Line a ramekin with plastic wrap, making sure to leave a lot of the plastic wrap extended well past the edges. Use a couple pieces to ensure that all edges of the ramekin have a lot of plastic wrap hanging over the edges.
Spoon the cheese ball mixture into the ramekin. Use a spoon to firmly press down into all nooks and crannies of the ramekin. You want to really pack it in there! Level off the top of the cheese ball.
Once Mom’s famous cream cheese ball mixture is FIRMLY packed into the ramekin, cover tightly with the plastic wrap, pressing down as you wrap it. Make sure the cheese ball is completely wrapped. Place Mom’s famous cream cheese ball into the refrigerator for at least 6-8 hours (best if left in fridge overnight so the flavors can really develop!).
When Ready To Serve
Once you are about half an hour or so before serving, remove cheese ball from refrigerator. Carefully unwrap it, and invert the the cheese ball (turn it upside down onto your serving platter. The rounded dome side of the cheese ball should be face up! Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley, if desired.
Mom’s famous cream cheese ball can be served with any kind of savory cracker. Let the cheese ball sit out at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before serving. this helps the cheese to soften up a bit (it’s easier to spread it on a cracker that way).
You’re going to be surprised how delicious Mom’s famous cream cheese ball is! It is a family tradition of ours, and is usually the very first thing our grown sons head straight to, when I make it!
Looking For More APPETIZER Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Mom's Famous Cream Cheese Ball is a delicious, easy appetizer, w/ red and green peppers, green onions and chopped pecans! So good, served on assorted crackers!
- 2 8 ounce packages. cream cheese , at room temp
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (I use pecans)
- 2 stalks green onion , sliced (green stem and white part)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. I use a fork to "mash" the ingredients together (a fork helps to blend the veggies and nuts into the cream cheese).
- Once completely blended, I "mold" the cheese into the shape I want to serve it in. To do this, you take plastic wrap, drape a small bowl (whatever shape you choose to use) and completely cover it with plastic wrap with the sides overlapping and hanging over the bowl several inches on each side. Then I use a spoon to "mold" the cream cheese mixture into the bowl, being sure to push the mixture into every part of the bowl and packing it down.
- Once packed into the bowl, make sure you level off the top part of the cheese as flat as you can (this will end up being the bottom of the cheese ball, and you want it lay flat). Wrap the excess plastic wrap completely over the top of the cheese, so it is sealed completely.
- Refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours, in order for the flavors to come together.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the plastic and invert the cheese ball onto serving platter. Grab a serving knife and serve with the crackers of your choice. Enjoy!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!