Decadent, creamy chocolate covered Maple Cream Bon Bons are a perfect gift for family and friends during the holidays! You’ll love these maple flavored treats!
Every year during the holidays, I pick a couple of new recipes to make (especially chocolate covered truffles or bon bons!), to add to our family’s “tried and true” traditional Christmas treats. One of this year’s new recipes is Maple Cream Bon Bons. AMAZING!
I enjoy making a variety of “homemade Christmas goodies”, which I LOVE to give to my friends and neighbors. Inevitably I end up making a couple kinds of chocolate-dipped truffles (in this recipe they are called “bon bons”).
I tend to make such a mess in my kitchen each Christmas, with cookbooks, recipes and ingredients scattered everywhere, but I find great JOY in giving to others this time of year!
This past Christmas I found this delicious sounding recipe for maple cream bon bons during a search online at Taste of Home. These creamy, chocolate covered treats were very easy to make (with only a few ingredients… a big plus!) and the maple flavor SHINES!
They are so cute when placed in a decorative candy wrapper… perfect for gift giving! Who wouldn’t like to receive a plate of these delicious maple cream bonbons?
The recipe makes about 5 dozen maple cream bon bons, so there are plenty to take to work, give away as gifts, or plenty to save and stash away in the refrigerator for a late night craving…they are SO GOOD!
Sure hope you give these little bites of yumminess a try. Maple cream bon bons are very, very good!
Interested In More Recipes?
Thank you for visiting this website. I appreciate you using some of your valuable time to do so. If you’re interested, I publish a newsletter 2 times per month (1st and 15th) with all the latest recipes, and other fun info. I would be honored to have you join our growing list of subscribers, so you never miss a great recipe!
There is a Newsletter subscription box on the top right side (or bottom) of each blog post, depending on the device you use, where you can easily submit your e-mail address (only) to be included in my mailing list.
You Can Also Find Me On Social Media:
Facebook page: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Pinterest: The Grateful Girl Cooks!
Recipe Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/maple-cream-bonbons
- 1 cup butter , softened (2 cubes)
- 3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar (powdered)
- 3 Tablespoons maple flavoring
- 2 cups walnuts (I used pecans), chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream the butter, powdered sugar, and maple flavoring till smooth. Stir in chopped walnuts (or pecans).
Shape mixture into 1" balls. Place dough balls onto a wax paper covered baking sheet and put into freezer for 1/2 an hour.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips **(30 seconds on high. Stir. 30 seconds on high. Stir. Watch carefully so that you don't burn the chocolate. Should be melted and smooth after stirring the second time, but microwave an additional 15 seconds or so, then stir, if not.).
- Dip dough balls into chocolate mixture one at a time (I insert a toothpick into the dough ball, then dip, cover with chocolate then remove, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. You may want to use a spoon to finish coating the bonbon. Place each covered bonbon on wax paper-lined baking sheets, removing the toothpick and hiding the "hole" with a touch of melted chocolate. Place bonbons in refrigerator when done. Refrigerate till set...then ENJOY!
Here’s one more to pin on your Pinterest boards!